Are you ready to quit your job and become a professional cat cuddler? If you love cats, you’re probably looking for opportunities to cuddle them anyway! Now, you can make some money by using your crazy cat person skills. “Cat Cuddles Needed!” reads the job posting and it’s the cutest offer you could take (if you didn’t make it on the panda nanny team).
A job opening at a Dublin veterinary clinic went viral soon after it was posted on their website. All cat persons agree – it’s definitely THE dream.
The Adorable Requirements
In order to find out if you’re the man/woman for this job, ask yourself these serious questions:
- Are you a crazy cat person and loves cats?
- Does cattitude come naturally to you?
- Have you counted kittens before you go asleep?
- Do you feed the stray cats in your locality?
- Does petting cats make you feel warm and fuzzy?
The ideal candidate should be able to identify different types of purring too. If you think that there’s no difference in how they purr (it should be a subject in school), then you should do some serious research before even daring to apply!
With all the attention the job is getting, it’s sure to be ultra-competitive. It sounds like the best job in the world, so it’s only natural that when it comes to cat cuddling, you’ll have to be a first-rate expert. It’s a rough industry, you know…
It Doesn’t End There…
There are a few more, standard requirements for this, (hopefully not) once in the lifetime offer:
- The ideal candidate must have gentle hands capable of petting and stroking cats for long periods of time.
- They need to be softly spoken and capable of cat whispering to calm the nerves of some of our in patients.
- A Veterinary Council of Ireland recognized qualification is essential for this role too.
Unfortunately, it’s also not clear from the post whether the clinic is accepting international applicants. You can still try and apply here, but let’s hope that the news will spread, causing some similar offers worldwide!
If you’re super hyped about this cat cuddling thing, you could try doing some volunteering first! Animal shelters are often in need for people like you, especially during the kitten season.
The only downfall you could think of is that some cats can be seriously feisty, but that’s where your cat whisperer skills should come in handy…
Know someone who loves cats? Share this article and give them an opportunity to cuddle cats for cash!